At Westomatic, saving energy means business
From PCs to vending machines, office equipment is used by almost all UK businesses, and accounts for around 15% of all the electrical energy used in UK offices. It’s an area where huge savings can be made, as effective management of equipment can reduce its energy consumption by up to 70%.
Research by the Government’s Carbon Trust showed that most businesses waste around 30% of the energy they buy, mainly because of inefficient equipment, building heat losses and poor energy management.
You don’t need to invest in expensive technology to lower your energy costs and reduce your carbon emissions. Here are some things you can do, that could reduce your overall energy use.
- Measure how much energy you’re using
- Keep track of your bills, and note how they change when you introduce energy-saving measures.
- Upgrade equipment
- Technology advances daily. New equipment with better energy efficiency ratings can lead to big savings in any office.
- Speak to colleagues about saving energy
- Make energy saving a team effort. Ask your employees where they think energy is being wasted, and encourage them to think about how they can all use less and save more.
- Switch off and save money
- Switch machines off after use, turn the heating down in warm weather, switch off light bulbs and computers so you can make real savings on your energy bill.
Did you know?
Westomatic's vending machines have programmable energy management systems that reduce power consumption by up to 30%
Stay ahead of government regulation
With climate change high on the political agenda, we are likely to see more initiatives like the Climate Change Levy and the Emissions Trading Scheme, as well as tighter building regulations. Prepare for these changes now and save time and money when they are introduced. Plus, if you start saving energy straight away, you will immediately reduce your energy bills.
Saving energy isn’t just good for the environment.
Enhance your reputation
Many consumers and business customers will now only buy from, or invest in, companies with environmentally friendly policies and production methods. By demonstrating a commitment to reducing carbon emissions, you will increase your appeal in the market and attract more customers.
Encourage good people to come and work for you
People want to work for socially responsible businesses. Make your organisation attractive to the best job seekers and become an employer of choice, by implementing socially responsible policies.